Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I ensure all traces of malware infection are gone ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gareth26

Gareth26

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hi all,

Having scanned my Moto G4 with OPSWAT Metadefender as I was sure there was some internet related problem and/or infection, OPSWAT flagged a number of app's as being 'Suspicious' but only one app came up as 'Infected'.

As it turned out, an app named 'Exchange Services', which had kept me concerned for a while as I don't remember installing it or where it came from yet I was pretty sure that it was not listed when the 'phone was new. Turns out that 'Exchange Services', 606KB, relays all network data to some other place - which I would just love to find out where that 'place' is.

So now, after deleting the infected app, I would like to know if there is some way of checking if any files may have been altered in some way by this app or if there are any leftovers remaining or just any general 'crappiness' that I should be aware of and need to remedy.

I see there are app's named Android Repair 2017, and similar on the App Store but I'm not sure how effective - if at all - these app's are especially as I have not rooted my phone.

So if anybody out there knows what I can or should do for the better then I'd be very grateful.

Gareth

P.S. I really would recommend OPSWAT Meta for your mobile, normally I use Webroot, sometimes Avira (have even given Malwarebytes a shot) but none of these picked up the infected app, although not as a replacement real-time scanner (thought I best add that).....

Edited by hamluis, 03 August 2017 - 03:46 PM.
Moved from Android OS to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users