Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't boot

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SuperC99

SuperC99

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi. I have an Asus computer. I did a clean installation of windows 7. It ran great for 3 weeks. Did all the updates. Installed Microsoft office 2010 and mcafee total protection. Also installed driver for gigabyte gv-r970c-2gd rev:1.0 graphics card. Worked great. One day the hdmi monitor was frozen and had weird lines through it. Restarted pc and it won't boot. Tried to boot safe mode. Won't boot. Read all kinds of forums from other ppl having similar problems and tried a few of thier solutions. Here's what I've tried.
Removed gigabyte graphics card. Now no monitor connection. Solution: removed cmos battery for ten sec to get mother board video driver to work and plugged hdmi into mother board port. Success.
Still won't boot. Tried recovery repair options. Could not automatically repair start up.
Tried to fix Mbr in command prompt. Compleated succesfully. Still won't boot.
Tried to fix the bcd. Compleated successfully. Won't boot.
Tried to back up and rewrite bcd. Compleated successfully. Wont boot.
I have the windows installation disk. Tried to repair from it. No luck.
Put installation disk back in. It is now stuck at press any key to boot from cd or DVD.
Need help! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hi,

Can you turn on your computer and tap the F8 Key before Windows starts? (Make sure there's no CD/DVD in the optical drive.) This will open the Advanced Boot Options menu. Use the arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (advanced). If that fails, please enter the Advanced Boot Options menu again and select Enable low-resolution video (640×480) (also try the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option if low-resolution mode fails).

Regards,

bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 03 August 2017 - 01:00 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Rebooted pc again to boot from cd DVD drive. After a while it said boot something could not find boot something (message was up and gone very fast.
Now at the windows failed to start page.

#4 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

I will try your instructions. And keep you posted

#5 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Same result for all three options. Microsoft corp with loading bar shows up for a bit. Then black screen for a min. Then black screan with movable pointer for a bit. Then pc restarts itself again and goes to windows error recovery screen.

#6 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

I also tried system restore point earlier today and got error message. Also said it couldn't load net frame work 4

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

Can you take a picture of the error screen?

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

I have a pic from earlier today from the system restore. Is this the one you want?
Also I was going to post it right now but I can't figure out how to get it from my iPhone album to here. I'm replying from my phone as well. I copied the pic but won't give me an option here to past?

#9 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

if you can somehow boot to a command prompt i would run

CHKDSK c: /f /r

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

To post a picture:

Go to "Reply to this topic" box.

At lower right, you will see More Reply Options.  Click it.

At lower left, you now see Attach Files section.  Browse to the picture you wish to attach and select it, click Attach This File button.

Click Add Reply button.

Louis

#11 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Right now I put the installation disk back in. It finally decided to boot from it. It loaded the files and is now at a windows 7 install windows screen. Took like 15 mins. Should I just click install now or repair computer which should allow me access to command prompt. I have no problem reinstalling but I would love to know why this happened and if I did something wrong so it doesn't happen again. All my personal and important stuff is already backed up on an external hard drive from 3 weeks ago when I did the clean install. Please advise. Thanks!

#12 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

I'm am in the reply to this topic box but there is nothing on the lower right or anywhere for more options. Normally if it's in my email I have to copy and past but that's not working here?

#13 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Just clicked on the full version button and now the more options is here. Here is the pic.

Attached Files

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Right now I put the installation disk back in. It finally decided to boot from it. It loaded the files and is now at a windows 7 install windows screen. Took like 15 mins. Should I just click install now or repair computer which should allow me access to command prompt. I have no problem reinstalling but I would love to know why this happened and if I did something wrong so it doesn't happen again. All my personal and important stuff is already backed up on an external hard drive from 3 weeks ago when I did the clean install. Please advise. Thanks!

No one really knows what happened, and even if there's a solution to your problem, it may not necessarily reveal what the original problem was in the first place. If I were you, I'd just reinstall Windows — it's the fastest and easiest way out, especially when you have backups.

#15 SuperC99

SuperC99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Ok. Will do. Thanks for the quick responses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users