Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crashing on GOOGLE CHROME, have to restart laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soimcrazy

soimcrazy

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

I have a year old Asus laptop. About a week ago I started experiencing a problem when using Chrome. Chrome would freeze up (not responding) and I would have to X out and close Chrome. Problem was I could not relaunch Chrome unless I restarted the computer. I removed Chrome and reinstalled it twice but the problem still happens everytime I use Chrome.

Today after it happened I decided to use FireFox. It launched but woulndt connect to the internet. I.E. did the same thing. I checked the status of my internet and all appeared ok.

So I thought a first it was Chrome, but after FireFox and I.E wouldnt connect to the internet I'm wanting to blame the laptop. I use Nortons and havent been notified of any viruses. 

Any ideas?

thanks!!!!!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2017 - 03:00 PM.
Moved to AII from BSOD ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

download and run ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes Antimalware

#3 soimcrazy

soimcrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

download and run ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes Antimalware

I found and ran the ADWcleaner and copied the results below

The only Malwarebytes Antimalware I found was for MAC computers. Is there a Windows version?

# AdwCleaner 7.0.1.0 - Logfile created on Thu Aug 03 19:53:31 2017
# Updated on 2017/05/08 by Malwarebytes 
# Database: 08-02-2017.1
# Running on Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Mode: scan

***** [ Services ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy, CouponPrinterService

***** [ Folders ] *****

PUP.Optional.Spigot.Generic, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Coupons
PUP.Optional.Spigot.Generic, C:\Program Files (x86)\Coupons

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files found.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs found.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI found.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts found.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks found.

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\ask.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\www.ask.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ask.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.ask.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C}

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Chromium entries.

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt ##########

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:59 AM