Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop freezed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goldesta

Goldesta

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Hello Everyone,

My laptop is freezed. Keyboard not working. Task bar not working. I don't know what to do?? Please HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

When posting about a computer problem it is always helpful to include - at a minimum - the make and model of the computer and details of the OS you are using.

But a generic suggestion. Remove the charger cord if it is connected, then turn the computer over and remove the battery, then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if the computer will boot and run normally..

If it doesn't, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

#3 Goldesta

Goldesta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

Laptop freezing problem solved but still keyboard is not working. Is this a hardware problem?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Edited to add...  Has this computer been dropped?

Press the Windows key and the X key together.

In the menu that opens double click/tap on Keyboards.  Choose the keyboard you are using and see if any yellow warnings or red errors are seen.

You could also uninstall the keyboard driver.  When you restart the computer a new keyboard driver will be installed.

Edited by dc3, 04 August 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users