Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All-in-one free photo auto-editing software?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 branbro4935

branbro4935

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hi everyone, I have a bunch of photos I had developed at Walgreens, they were then scanned and put on a photo CD. Well the digital photos look like crap, I don't think they had cleaned their scanner before scanning them because there is a bunch of stuff that looks like dust on the photos. I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of those artifacts. I was hoping there was a free, or free trial photo auto editing tool out there that I could use. I tried GimpShop but I'm not 100% sure how to use it and I don't know if it has a auto setting where it would do all the editing for me so I wouldn't have to take hours smudging or blotting out each artifact on the photo. So does anyone know of a free program that could do this for me so i don't have to spend hours doing it myself? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

These are real on paper prints ?  The simplest thing to do - and almost certainly the quickest - would be to re-scan them. You must know somebody who has a scanner or an all-in-one printer which includes a scanner if you don't have one yourself. I have done cleaning like this digitally and it is a load of pain and tedium !

Just make sure that the prints are dust-free before you start and save the scanned images to a memory stick for transfer to your own computer.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

We have used Walgreens photo with good results, and they do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee:
http://custhelp2.walgreens.com/articles/en_US/Information/Walgreens-photo-center-Return--Refund-Policy

I have to agree, cleaning up their mistakes would be an arduous task, let them be responsible for fixing the issue.
Bleepin' desert rat retiree of climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users