Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip Conflict With Hardware Addresses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 karthik_bangalore

karthik_bangalore

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:27 PM

Hi,
I got this message while working in my college computer lab.

"The system has detected a conflict for IP addresses 172.22.4.20 with the system having hardware address 00:50:BF: 4B:EE: D5"

Please let me know about this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

That means that another computer / device on your network has the same IP address as your computer.

Do you know if your network uses DHCP? If so, you can release and renew the address.

Click Start - Run - CMD
A window will open.
Type ipconfig /release
Type ipconfig /renew
Restart your computer.

If you are assigned a permanent address, ask your administrator about the error. He will have to track down the rouge computer.

I hope this helps,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

I've seen this problem most often when using DHCP and a hibernating computer. The hibernated computer hibernates with a certain IP address - then when it wakes, another system has taken that address - so you get a conflict.

Restarting one or the other will usually fix it. You can also get around it by assigning static IP addresses to each system. I've also noticed that, in my NetGear router, there is a section for reserving IP addresses which works very well at my wife's office.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users