Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't un/install Visual C++ redistributable (x64)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nymala

Nymala

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

hiya

I run Win10 pro 64-bit and am trying to install several add-on programs for Photoshop CC. Most of them are no problem, but the moment I try to install Alien Skin Software or Fluid Mask, the installation hangs because it wants to install vcredist_64.exe. I can only stop the installation via the task manager.

I checked my system an have on it both x86 and x64 versions from 2005 till 2015. I can't uninstall neither nor install over the top. everytime the installation process hangs.

I tried MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab and the installation system repair. a restore point does not exist even though I manually created them. Resetting the system with  RollbackRX  to the (for me) last safe install (Photoshop worked fine) didn't help either.

what else can I try? (I got the suspicion that somehow I don't have permisson for certain locations on C - even though I have admin rights). any suggestions?

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

Right click and run the installer as an administrator... maybe.

#3 Nymala

Nymala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

Right click and run the installer as an administrator... maybe.

Thanks ,,, it worked (sort of)

Installation of C++ takes about an hour ... after that the program installs with no probs.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

You're welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users