Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Display is Blurry

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anishairplane

anishairplane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hello all,

This is my first post here, so hopefully I'll provide enough info for you to solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

I was browsing the internet today. I had many tabs open and I think I overloaded my computer a bit (although I've had many more tabs than this open in the past, and nothing happened then.). Suddenly, my computer's monitor just black screened. After a while (maybe a minute), a  giant mouse pointer appeared, and then my desktop, with the chrome I had open. I quickly force stopped chrome with the task manager. AT the time, my resolution was set very low (everything looked big, like the windows and text) so I went into settings and changed my resolution to my native 1600 x 1200. But then, I noticed that my whole screen was blurry, ever so slightly, but enough to annoy me. Furthermore, everything looked a bit jumpy and my screen wasn't as fast/ clear as it used to be. I reset my display settings, although nothing happened. Also, when I looked at the display settings, they were clear and weren't blurry like the actual windows/desktop were. So I'm guessing it's not a problem with the monitor. I did some more digging and found out that in my display adapter settings, my screen's refresh rate was set to 64 hertz, even though my monitor is 60 hertz. There was no option to change this in the dropdown. And now that I think about it, I am getting some significant screen tearing that comes with having incorrect refresh rates. I couldn't figure out how to change my refresh rate, so I tried updating my drivers for my display and my display adapter (my monitor is connected in through DVI, through a displayport adapter, and into the computer with a displayport cable). The display driver updated, and the adapter driver did not, but neither improved my blurry screen problem. I have run out of ideas, so please help! Thank you in advance.

Computer Specs:

HP Compaq dc7900 Convertible Minitower

2 GB DDR2 RAM

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Integrated Graphics

Display: Dell 2007FP

Windows 10 Home

P.S I am typing this on the same computer and monitor, so it's definitely readable, just pretty blurry.

Edited by anishairplane, 02 August 2017 - 01:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

first, did you unplug your video cables and then plug them back in?  make sure they are seated good.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Have you tried updating your video drivers?

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

see if the monitor is blurry connected to  a different computer at similar res...; if it is...monitor or cable you are using is bad, try a new cable and/or DVI/HDMI/VGA adapter, or whatever complimet you are using (VGA is the least best quality path to use).....

(KVM switches are also notorious for inducing some blur...)

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users