Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Randomly Restarts.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike.H

Mike.H

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:45 AM

Hey all,

This morning, whilst on my computer, strangly it restarted.

No BSOD, when it started back into windows, I got your typical "Your computer has recovered from a serious error, please send this error report to microsoft"

I clicked more info and got the following details:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 0000006E BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 863A81FF OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

To me, the above details mean nothing, thats why I seek help here, its happend twice today, I really need this fixed :thumbsup: :inlove:

I would really appriciate ANY form of help on this, I'm stumped frankly... :flowers: :trumpet:

Thank you for your time.

-Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:51 AM

When your computer reboots on it's own, it generates a blue screen. Depending upon the settings on your computer you may not see this blue screen, however.

Go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart

Click Apply and then OK

Now when you receive a blue screen the computer will pause on it and you will have to reboot manually.

The 'Blue Screen of Death' (or BSOD) is refered to by Microsoft as a Stop Message. They can occur for many reasons. In order to diagnose it's cause we need as much info as you can give about the stop message. Please write it down and post it back here the next time it happens. In particular, it helps to have the somewhat cryptic series of numbers about half way down the blue screen that have this sort of format:

0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.)

It is also helpful to know the answers to these questions:
  • What are you doing when this happens (are you on line, starting the computer, etc).
  • Does it always happen at the same time?
  • Is it always the same message, or is it a different set of numbers each time?
  • Have you added any hardware or software lately?
  • Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer (such as it runs slower than it used to, etc)?

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Mike.H

Mike.H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

Hey there Albert Frankestine :-),

Thanks for the info, I tried it, here the BSoD code & info, I hope it means somthing to you :-S, I', pretty much stuck with it:

An error has occured, windows has shutdown to prevent damage to your computer

Here are the errors details

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAUL

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x20702009, 0x0000001C, 0x00000001m 0x804FC6E)

Contact your systems administrator

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

I don't know where to go from here, ANY assistance is very much appriciated, thank you very much.

* Happends randomly
* Same message
* Not added any software or hardware
* Computer is running fine aside this.

Cheers.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:16 AM

The common thing between the STOP 0xd1 error and the STOP 0x0a error are drivers.

Were there any filenames mentioned with the error messages? Here's a way to check your Event Viewer for the error messages: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

This can also be caused by infections due to viruses or spyware. The first step is to scan your system for both with updated anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. If you don't have one handy, here's a free online scan that you can do with Internet Explorer: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users