Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction for S Sund

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sesgdog

sesgdog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I was a Mathematics teacher for five years after which I received my Bachelors and Masters degrees in Chemical Engineering.

I spent the next thirty years as a research engineer at a multinational corporation working on projects in chemicals, material science and aerospace.  I used computer modeling to simulate materials of interest to the corporation.  I have used Windows and Unix for my simulations. I am now retired, and reside in North Carolina with my wife.

We have two daughters who reside in Maryland and North Carolina along with four grandchildren.

I am now volunteering at Shepnet as a teacher/coach where I heard about bleepingcomputer.com.

Shepnet is an organization that offers computer classes to older adults.  The Shepnet Senior Computer Center has some very competent instructors and coaches who are retired and have previously worked with computers. 

As with any subject, you can always learn something new and as I am now entering a new phase of my life where I can volunteer to help others in the subjects I feel comfortable with and learn something new on the side.

Recently, I completed one of the big items on my bucket list; that of writing a science fiction novel.

The book, "The Quantum Bridge", a hard science fiction novel that I have had running around in my head for almost 30 years. It came to me when I first started working at a research laboratory for a major corporation. When I retired I finally had time to put it to paper.

It is available on Amazon, Barns & Nobel and smashwords.com among other places.

If you are interested in a hard science fiction story that explains a possible reason we are here and enjoy an adventure involving motorcycles, travel and romance this book is for you.

The story also explores the world of encryption along with quantum theory.

********************************************************************************

You can get your free kindle version at www.smashwords.com/books/view/644360 using the Coupon Code: GX42E (the code expires: December 1, 2017 so hurry)

********************************************************************************

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the book. Welcome to our little part of the InterWeb. :welcome:

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users