Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Python Programming-what,where &how to learn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theprogrammer

theprogrammer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

I'm trying to learn python and started with some tutorial.after few days i came to know that python2 and python3 have some differences and what i learned may not be the fact for new python.

-- So if i want to learn Python should i need to be start from python2 or i can go directly to python3?

-- Where can i learn the Python A-Z ?what are the best tutorial site for Python 2 or 3 (depends on answer to the first              question)

-- for the practical section which tool or IDE should i use? i used Ubuntu Terminal by starting # python3   command

but its time consuming.then i tried sublime text it looks nice but for the programs that contain "input() " command we  

have to set up sublime REPL and from there we have to run the file.(Ctrl+B not working for build).

thanks in advance

Edited by theprogrammer, 02 August 2017 - 07:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aikame

Aikame

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

While Python 3 is the new standard and most companies will want to eventually replace all code by Python 3, a lot of applications are written in Python 2, and I think the language will stay relevant for quite some time. 

I'd say you can't really go very wrong choosing to learn one of the two Python versions. There are indeed some difference but it is still the same language and it would be good to learn the differences between the two anyway. 

As for tutorials there are these:

- Code Academy Python - this is a very basic course to learn Python syntax and programming principles, but it explains it well
https://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

- Learn Python the Hard Way - a more detailed explanation of Python 2
https://shop.learncodethehardway.org/access/buy/2/

- Also the official Python site has tutorials 
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

However, I think the best way to learn a language is doing a project. There are lot's of Python meetups (depending on where you live though) - maybe join a group that writes a project in Python?

As for an IDE, I'm a great fan of PyCharm, in my opinion it is by far the best editor for Python. It has a free Community version which will give you most of the great features. I don't know of any other editors that are comparable to PyCharm for Python coding.

Hope that helps

Edited by Aikame, 21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#3 theprogrammer

theprogrammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

It do help(even though kind of late LOL)
Do you know any community or groups

However, I think the best way to learn a language is doing a project. There are lot's of Python meetups (depending on where you live though) - maybe join a group that writes a project in Python?

Thanks in advance

#4 anker_by

anker_by

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

I starting learning python also on youtube, reading alot books etc... it's very good language and simple to start....  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users