Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HITMANPRO.. IS IT OVERLY AGGRESSIVE IN REMOVING PROGRAMS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rittenhouse

rittenhouse

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

​I used hitmanpro downloaded from this site and it removed several files which resemble "FILETYPE ASSISTANT." Could any of those programs cause failure to  use a flash drive which contained files? I looked back over their deletion and quarantined list and  my problems stated happening right around then!

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2017 - 05:25 PM.
Moved from Am I Infected to AV/AM Software - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daniel_Boringcliffe

Daniel_Boringcliffe

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Turn off your capslock please. When hitmanpro finishes scanning you have an option to select which programs / files you want removed and you should pay attention to that since it is indeed very aggressive. You should probably use Malwarebytes or Zemana instead, they have less false positives as far as I know.

Edited by Daniel_Boringcliffe, 02 August 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#3 rittenhouse

rittenhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

How would anyone know which files should be removed, deleted or  placed in quarantine? Perhaps this is why people who use those products should report their experiences. it seems that whenever i use a spyware scanner or anti virus, there are problems. the reality is that most every web site and program is a service that was created to promote advertising o r revenue. Not much different from television. everything is connected to  making money for someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users