Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth adapter won't find Bluetooth keyboard. USB issue(?) W10.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ziecore

Ziecore

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

I have a bluetooth adapter(don't know what model) that won't find my bluetooth keyboard(Logitech Type-S). Just recently rebuilt my PC and it worked just fine before that.

Don't have any other bluetooth devices to try but the keyboard connects just fine to my Galaxy Tab 10 tablet.

I get this error in event viewer:

http://i.imgur.com/MvXn1Ov.png

My USB ports are acting very weird in general.

The front chassi USB ports(2 x 2.0 and 2 x 3.0) can detect when my Z3 is connected to the computer but it doesnt seem to be charging very well, or perhaps at all.

Other devices such as my Xbox one controller adapter or the Bluetooth adapter is not recognized at all when connecting to the front ports.

But when connected to the rear motherboard ports they are recognized. The xbox one controller have a bit of difficulty connecting to the adapter but it always did that and the bluetooth adapter wont find any devices at all.

Edited by Ziecore, 01 August 2017 - 05:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

I suspect that you have something going wrong with the USB hub that takes care of the front ports, which is usually separate from the one that takes care of the rear ones.

Whether it's physical failure (e.g. bad solder joints, connector having come loose, shorting in cable, etc.) versus something else (an electronic component itself going bad) I cannot really say.  But a "front fails/rear works" setup points you toward a specific area of your hardware to look at.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Ziecore

Ziecore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

I suspect that you have something going wrong with the USB hub that takes care of the front ports, which is usually separate from the one that takes care of the rear ones.

Whether it's physical failure (e.g. bad solder joints, connector having come loose, shorting in cable, etc.) versus something else (an electronic component itself going bad) I cannot really say.  But a "front fails/rear works" setup points you toward a specific area of your hardware to look at.

Sure, but the rear ports are working only for the most part my regular keyboard/mouse works fine with the rear ports, so if the front ports are plugged in incorrectly or whatever i can live with that for now.

The issue to me seems more to do with the bluetooth and/or wireless gear for some reason. Any thoughts on the errors i'm getting in the event viewer? I personaly dont know what to make of them but it sure doesnt look normal to me.

I'm sorry i'm terrible at formulating myself in english, so please let me know if you need any specific information or perhaps some diagnostics tool i can use to share logs etc.

Edited by Ziecore, 01 August 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

My gut tells me you're correct about those errors not being "normal errors."   It is not unusual for there to be many, many errors in the various error logs when everything is running perfectly, but not generally strung together like those are.

You and I will have to wait and see if someone can give an interpretation on those.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 Ziecore

Ziecore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Doesn't seem to be happening much, so i thought i'd provide some more information.

First i'd like to note that this is a completly fresh install of Windows 10.

Second i took a screen of my device manager:

VeESyBJ.png

I'm not sure why there's two Bluetooth items in the list since i only have one adapter.

I opened any tabs i thought might be relevant.

Not sure why theres so many HID items, maybe thats normal. But seems weird that there's 6 copies of my Razer mamba mouse there?

Under network adapters there are two bluetooth devices aswell. Don't what they are.

I know there's nothing wrong with my bluetooth keyboard since it connects to my tablet without any problem. I've also noticed that i can connect from my tablet to my PC if i make it discoverable but i cant find the tablet or any other bluetooth items from the PC's side.

Edited by Ziecore, 02 August 2017 - 10:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users