Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader 7 Compatibility Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

I have win 7 and since I dont want to have the typical adobe reader take a huge space on my HD I use a lower space older version 7. But I get this message " Adobe Reader 7 has known Compatibility issues with this version of windows. What should I do?

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2017 - 03:49 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Bus Apps - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

If you do not want to update to the latest version of Adobe Reader then I'd look at the myriad other options out there, which are too plentiful to name.

What is the disk footprint of Reader 7?  This is so far back that I have no idea and nowhere I could even look.  A question regarding Adobe Acrobat replacements just arose today:  Alternative software that can replace Adobe Acrobat DC?

I just have no desire to do the actually slogging through the hundreds (and that's not an exaggeration) of PDF readers out there.  There are plenty of research opportunities returned by:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=small+footprint+pdf+reader&t=hq&atb=v33-7__&ia=web 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Threesom666

Threesom666
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

lol. Sorry I dont mean to inconvient you. I didnt know there was more than one type of reader. Dont get me wrong. I like adobe reader. Its the only one I know. Its just that the updates jump big. I think to a whopping over 100 mb and all I need for is to read. I dont think I need all the other features. But by all means if theres a better program out there that is also light. I'd definitely consider it.

If by disc foot print you mean version. All it says is 7.0.0 other than that I dont know what you mean or where to look.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

Given the size of most disc drives for a very long time now, and yours may be an exception, I do not tend to worry myself about the disc footprint (how much space a given application itself takes up) of virtually any program.

My personal favorite for a strict PDF reader (as opposed to reader/editor) is Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Viewer and I've posted the link to the download page for same on the other thread I've given the link to previously.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 Threesom666

Threesom666
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

Okay. Just to make sure if your asking how much space I have its 232gb. Reader takes up about 37mb. I think the latest update jumps way above the 100mb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users