Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft/msn Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nfithteen

Nfithteen

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

Hi, il get stright to the problem

For the past couple of months or so i have been unable to VIEW, BROWSE and CONNECT to any microsoft/msn web pages. As a result i am also unable to loggin to msn messenger.
I have rebooted my system several times hoping that the problem would no longer occur but however many times i reboot the problems still remains the same.What is the reason for this???

In addition i have also encounterd a new ERROR that ive seen for the first time since my last reboot, it pops up saying;

AutoIt Error

Line 0 (File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\firewall.exe"):

$Seconds=$TimeandDate[10]
$Seconds=^ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscripts dimension range exceeded.

I am in serious need of help and assistance i give many thanks in adavanced for poeple who are willing to share there problem solving experties.

If there is any more needed information requierd please let me know and i will give them asap thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:11 PM

You may be infected with the poebot-j worm. Suggest you install Ewido and do a scan in safe mode.
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

also suggest you post a Hijack This Log using these instructions:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:03 AM

What firewall are you using?

Also-
What browser? Internet Explorer?

If it is IE, click on "Tools" and empty your temp files and cookies.
Place the MS pages in your "trusted" zone.

Have you installed any kind of ap that affects your hosts file?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

Have you, by chance, blocked cookies from MSN? This'll cause havoc with any Microsoft related pages.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Nfithteen

Nfithteen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

What firewall are you using?

Also-
What browser? Internet Explorer?

If it is IE, click on "Tools" and empty your temp files and cookies.
Place the MS pages in your "trusted" zone.

Have you installed any kind of ap that affects your hosts file?

At the moment the fire wall im using is Zone Alarm

the browser i am using is Mozzila Firefox

and i dont think i have installed any that will affect ma host file

BTW i am a client on a LAN network connection through an x-cross wire

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

MS pages seem to work a lot better if you use Internet Explorer.

If any of the pages you are trying to use require Active X (as Windows and MS Updates do), Firefox will not work because it doesn't use Active X.

In Firefox, click "tools" / "options" / advanced and click the "security" tab
Make sure all three protocols have check marks
In "View certificates" under "websites"
Make sure oms.one.microsoft.com is listed

Actually, there was an update for Firefox today.
Did you update Firefox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users