Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emachine T6552

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bignight2

bignight2

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:26 AM

Hi my machine was preinstalled with its softwere, i never did the recovery discs till yesterday, since they do not send them to you when ya buy the machine, anyhow what im trying to get at is there a way to make some discs so if i run into problems i can jsut put cd/s in and pc will be at point i was before kinda like restore, cause sometimes i ran the restore thing and says sorry cannott restore from that date, thanks bignight2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:33 AM

The Recovery disks you made are not a replacement for Windows System Restore. They are meant for a destructive recovery of your complete system to restore it back to factory condition.

Windows System Restore only restores your system state back to a maximum of three weeks and does not delete your data as the Emachines restore will do. You need both working and operable.

If you have Windows System Restore shut off - turn it back on!

#3 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

Ok i got ya is there any way of making a copy of the system restore or is this pointless

something say your pc wont boot ya through a cd in and it will let ya into atleast safemode

Edited by bignight2, 15 September 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

You can start System Restore in safe mode and you can manually create restore points for it although it does create them automatically whenever the computer is booted and whenever you install a new program.

Click start/help and type in System Restore for a full description of what it does and how to use it.

To start it from safe mode boot into safe mode with command prompt and type the following in the prompt and press "enter":

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

#5 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:52 AM

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users