Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Usb Ports are blind.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarkTheNOob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

I'm just trying to enjoy my last days of Summer, and this happens. After a round of gaming on something I didn't need a controller for I try to play Portal 2 but when I go to try to do big picture mode on steam, my dual shock 4 activates my PS4 instead. But straight to the point. Any Usb device I try to connect to my computer, BESIDES MY KEYBOARD AND MOUSE( sorry, that's frustration from not seeing my problem anywhere else), isn't recognized, or acknowledged. I didn't see anywhere to troubleshoot in the windows 10 device settings, so I'm taking to the internet and praying I don't need to touch my drivers. Quick tip, I know nothing advanced about tech, I didn't build my pc, just updgraded its specs by one thing, and am 13(Therefore I don't know crap).

Oops, I also forgot to mention that this computer is some ibuyppower prebuilt, but most importantly it has two ports on the top, and like 4 or 6 on the back. Also, I recently tried to update my Serial Bus Controller drivers or whatever, and when I did the first two, it made the "dun dun dun" sound, but it did not start working. AND NOW NEVERMIND, the problem fixed itself as of 9 hours later after I shut it down and rebooted it back up. Never fails.

Edited by MarkTheNOob, 01 August 2017 - 09:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,030 posts
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users