Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Network Access or Sound after Power Outage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mr_euge

mr_euge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Howdy! 

So I had a storm a few months ago which knocked out power for a brief moment. My desktop was asleep and plugged into a surge protector when I came home it was turned off. Upon turning it back on it showed a screen that said the computer had recovered or tried to recover from a blue screen error. When it finally booted up I got a not genuine error 0xc00f014. In addition to this the computer didn't recognize the speakers plugged into it and the network card did not seem to be working (both LAN and WIFI). 

I have solved some of the problems by posting and receiving help on another forum, mostly the windows not genuine error. I finally located a back up to boot to in order to fix the not genuine error. I also fixed some missing drivers by uninstalling them and rebooting, and someone provided some system32 files for me to replace some corrupted ones. Everything I've done since the power outage can be read here at this forum.

Currently, I am still experiencing the following problems:

• The network card does not work (LAN and WIFI)
  • There are several drivers that show errors in device manager
  • Speakers and headphones known to work do not when plugged in
  • 4-6 minute load times between successful log in and desktop
  • log in occasionally (65ish% of log ins) dumps to a black screen (which I get out of by CRTL ALT DELETE)
  • Sometimes the monitor cuts out to black briefly before displaying properly again, but this is probably my HDMI cable or HDMI splitter.

The driver errors are:

• HP Bluetooth Module
  • Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
  • RAS Async Adapter
  • WAN Miniport (IPv6)

I have tried uninstalling and rebooting to fix the driver errors. I have also tried driver programs but without networking they fail, and I have been unable to manually locate the correct drivers. The sound issue - everything looks good in device manager under Sound, video and game controllers. The speaker icon on the task bar shows moving levels of audio. 

My computer is an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1070t, Intel i7-2600 3.40 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, Windows 7 x64. All hardware is factory except for a 600w power supply, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 graphics card, and a second HD. 

If there are any scans, reports or the like, or additional information that you need please let me know. I am getting desperate and very keen on getting my desktop restored to full working order. Tech support from forums like this are my last hope. Thank you for your time, effort and assistance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

the first thing i would try is a system restore to a point previous of your problems / the storm date

Edited by mikey11, 31 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

There's no telling how much damage a power drop can cause.  Seems to be even worse if the unit is in hibernate or sleep modes.  It shuts down on the power loss and reboots to the interrupted point and locks.  This usually indicates a hardware fault, in that the OS booting looks for all the peripherals and such and halts when it doesn't find an expected piece of hardware is not found or has failed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users