Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hey all

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ganygim

ganygim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

:bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :guitar:  :guitar:  :guitar:

Have a question. After cat dance on my keyboard cnt open my book in PDF format...wtf and how resolve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Next - computer make and model, operating system and version, what PDF software are you using ?  Were you working on this file when the cat went dancing?

I would just shut the computer down, re-start and use Windows/File Explorer to find the file, or 'Search' for the filename and then click 'Open'. Unless you were unlucky enough for the cat to have hit 'Control+A' and then 'Delete' the file should still be there. You will probably have lost anything since your last save but that's the way it goes.

For the future, important files should always be backed up externally. And the more important they are, the more often they should be backed up.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users