Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will my printer and scanner work with Win 10?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nuska

nuska

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:01 AM

I want to know if my printer, scanner and programmes are compatible with Win 10 (planning an upgrade from Win 7), and cannot find a way to do this. Would someone help please? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dino2014

dino2014

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

You do not detail what hardware and software you have.

For hardware, go to the manufacturers web sites and see if they offer a Windows 10 driver; if nothing shown, look in their user forums and see if others have had such problems.   Scanners were a favorite for not being compatible.

Programs, many mainstream ones will work ok or can be used in the compatibility mode, but as I found some less well known programs may not work properly, again check with their makers websites.

Whatever you do, before you upgrade, make a couple of system image backups using one of the free tools like Macrium Reflect so if you have problems with W10 you can readlily restore back to your working W7 system.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Edited by dino2014, 31 July 2017 - 03:45 AM.

#3 nuska

nuska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:52 AM

I have an Epson Perfection V330 photo scanner and HP Deskjet 6940

#4 dino2014

dino2014

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

They seems to be supported for W10, hopefully W10 will automatically install the drivers for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users