Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some haven't received the Creators Update yet. How many?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 saguaro2

saguaro2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

The 1703 Creators' Edition tried to install on my little ex-Win8.1-with-Bing tablet in ... July, I think. Or maybe even August. Maybe it was July when I got the permissions dialog and August when it finally tried to install. But the update failed, apparently a BIOS issue, and after three attempts it gave up and left me alone. I will be quite surprised if it even tries to get 1709. (Is there even a path to 1709 without having 1703 installed?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 iiSplitzii

iiSplitzii

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

I would be surprised as well if it gets and successfully install 1709 since 1703 couldn't be installed. Maybe it was just an error for the update file for 1703, have you tried redownloading 1703?

#18 saguaro2

saguaro2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Maybe it was just an error for the update file for 1703, have you tried redownloading 1703?

Not after it failed the update three times in a row with the same error (not enough memory to create RAMdisk, or words to that effect), no. I haven't been offered the update again through Windows Update. I  did a bit of searching and it looks as though it's a problem with that specific model, which would need a BIOS update to fix. The manufacturer's support forum is adblocker-blocked, which doesn't fill me with confidence in their attitude to customer service, so I just left it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users