Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Xp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 q28

q28

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:56 AM

hi! i got a problem, i replaced my old 20 gb hard to 80 gb maxtor and installed a windows xp that i downloaded from net, the installation was sucessful,for first 30 mins there was no problem, but after that every program that i tried to open won't work or start,but i didn't hang, i mean i can browse in windows explorer but any programs won't work. so i tried to reinstall the xp but it's the same thing happened. so i put back my old drive so i can post here the problem. pls help me with this...
I don't know if the problem is on my harddrive, i think my BIOS don't support large drive or the windows xp installer itself. pls someone help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

Hi q28,

installed a windows xp that i downloaded from net

I would recommend using your original XP cd to reload your computer.

Can you go into Windows Explorer and look at the properties of the new drive? (Right click on Local drive c: and select properties.) See if the reported size matches the drive. If it is reporting incorrectly, you maybe able to do a BIOS flash - upgrading its ability to see the larger drive.

Good luck,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

hi tnx! is there a site where i can upgrade it for free?

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

No free upgrades! That would be software piracy - can't help you with that.

I am closing this thread. If you have any questions, please PM me.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users