Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W10 video display problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dino2014

dino2014

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

Hi,

Have a video problem with my security camera system with windows 10.

Tried a few things myself, but no expert, so seeking some advice, but rather than detail everything I have done so far, think it best to first outline the problem clearly to see if it looks like something with simpler fix I have missed, or not !

The motherboard is an Asrock H81M with onboard  Intel HD graphics and an i3 4170 chip.

The program is by Swann PC DVR-4-NET, but now a legacy product with no official driver other than for up to W7/8.

I have run the program fine for years  under W8 and W8.1.

Last year I did the free upgrade to W10 and the program ran fine on it.

However, due to the whole windows system randomly freezing  I found W10 impractical , so I restore my backup image to W8.1

The other day I downloaded  a clean install of W10 , which contained the Creators update v1703.

Loading nothing else into W10 other than the Swann program,  it started ok and the programs control boarder displayed normally, but the video images were in black and white only and very low quality.

I tried running in the  compatability mode / troubleshooter but no effect.

thanks

Attached File  000345.jpg   60.1KB   0 downloads

Edited by dino2014, 30 July 2017 - 12:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dino2014

dino2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

Solved...

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

How, if you don't mind my asking?   It may help someone else to know what it is you found that fixed this issue.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 dino2014

dino2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

Not really too sure is the simple answer !

All references to my program are in Swanns  legacy section and apart from file names nothing much to identify what the other program are from the many different products they have made over the  years.

I did load in a couple of program /files that might have been an update/drivers etc, but they appeared not to do anything.

However when I later started my program the colour and video quality was normal; could it be a driver/dll/codec ???

Restored my W10 from the other week and repeated the exercise tonight with the same results, so its a good fix, even though not sure what . :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users