Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC freezes up, after around 1 hr.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Teague

Teague

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Hello,

I came to this site because I have of problem and I see that people here get good answers and friendly help.  :thumbup2:

My problem is that the pc runs for about an hour and then it completly freezes up ( checked the time with AV scan ).

What I did was:

Driver updates with scrappy, no succes.

Clean GPU driver update following this site http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html, no succes

checked the temperture of CPU ( 40 degrees ) and GPU ( 50 degrees )

Bitdefender total security 2018 and RogueKiller system scan, no succes, no virusses.

I did a clean boot and then pc doesn't freeze up anymore.

So I went to slowly check what's the problem.

The problem occured again when I started this service "Origin web helper service".

So I shutted it down and everything is fine again.

Must be fair I haven't started every service again, but it occured when i activited that service and when i deactivited it, it stops the problem.

Can any1 explain if this is the real problem, or it's something else, and how to fix it?

PC specs:

Proccesor: I5-7600

GPU: nvidia 1070

Motherbord: MSI Krautgaming z270

RAM: Corsair vengeance 3000 mhz 16 GB

AV: BD TS 18

Thanks for your time and reading,

Regards Teague

Edited by Teague, 29 July 2017 - 05:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

The only way to know for sure is to continue to restart services one at a time and see if any others cause problems. As far as Origin web helper service, you can set it to manual instead of automatic.

#3 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

Hey Henry,

Ye I thought so, going to do that also. EDIT : Woeps, I ment, I allready done that.

But what can you do to solve a problem like that, if there's a software confict?

Edited by Teague, 29 July 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

It could be called a software conflict. People started having the same problem as you after an update last fall. I'm guessing you do a lot of gaming?

#5 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Ye kinda, but almost no EA games ( Origin ), I hadn't open it for a while.

I open it, because of the malfunction of that service.

I thought it was broken because, I hadn't updated in a long long time.

It updated Origin, but after a while my pc froze up and I shutted that service down, and still all good.

Tomorrow I will start to open more services, cos it's late now in EU-West

Edit: Spoke to soon, pc just froze up again :(, have shut down the  "Origin web helper service" totally again

Origin web helper service isn't the problem, still is freezing/crashing the PC, putting other services off again

Does some1 knows what to do/fixx it, or knows a program to help me search the problem, why it's constantly freezing up my PC

Edited by Teague, 30 July 2017 - 04:36 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

Try uninstalling Origin completely, then download/install a fresh copy (to see if there was a corruption of the current Origin installation)

If that fixes it, then all is well.  If it doesn't fix it, then we'll look at other things.

If it doesn't fix it, let it freeze one more time then recover and immediately run these 2 sets of reports:

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

If you have problems with it running it, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

Hello Usasma,

Thx for answering, I try to follow the steps you suggested.

But I need to translate everything from english to dutch. I wish I had an english windows version.

I put every service off and uninstall orgin, but still got the same problem

Is this the right file from the 1st step?

Attached Files

Edited by Teague, 30 July 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#8 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/biZYm7CqFAnXesKXQW6lcXO

#9 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

/Deleted

Edited by Teague, 30 July 2017 - 07:44 AM.

#10 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Administrative Events

Attached Files

#11 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

CPUID HWMonitor temps log, hope this is also good.

Hope you have enough information to continue, if not i will gladly hear back from you.

Thx!

Attached Files

#12 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

I don't really understand what to do here :(, It says you need clean cd's but I don't have 1, do you really need 1?

5. While waiting for a reply, please run the memory and hard drive diagnostics documented near the top of this webpage:

http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

You need only do the first two listed at the top initially.  If further diagnostics are desired the person assisting you will request them.

Edited by Teague, 30 July 2017 - 07:58 AM.

#13 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

Speccy says that my GTX 1070 got 4095 MB, but it should be 8gb, what is true?

#14 Teague

Teague
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

AV Bitdefender TS 18 version, blocked Synsnative

This version of Synsnative is without BD TS 18.

Attached Files

Edited by Teague, 30 July 2017 - 07:58 AM.

#15 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

I will let usasma handle things now as he has a lot more knowledge and experience than I do. In fact I'm going to follow his posts so I can learn more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users