Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VGA Driver Update Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

If I upgrade my Dell Laptop's Intel HD Graphics Card Driver, will it improve the graphics quality & or performance in my games ? A noob question I know. Before I upgraded my VGA Card Driver & all it did was add a Custom Resolution\ Refresh Rate option & some unheard-of bug fixes. I'm getting it directly from the Dell Drivers website (All I have to do is enter my Laptop Service Tag.) Before I updated my BIOS & this caused a flicker when booting my computer so I'm worried especially 'cause this laptop crashed a lot before & I sent it to my store & they had to replace the WiFi Adapter & change the OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 —So the Network Driver is not stock & I also upgraded my RAM to 8GB, so I don't want to get the drivers wrong. Finally does the Intel Chipsets Drivers make a difference 'cause maybe I don't need some of them, like the Serial I/O Driver, which I already don't have installed, or the Intel Management Engine, which seems useless. The [VGA] Driver link is here: http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=3YDMC&fileId=3600087238&osCode=WT64A&productCode=inspiron-15-3543-laptop&languageCode=en&categoryId=VI My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series 3543 Intel Celeron 2X 1.5 Ghz Processors (no touch-screen.) & 15.6" Display. Sorry for the lengthy post. All comments are welcome.

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 29 July 2017 - 04:54 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

All driver releases should have an accompanying "changes / improvements" note on the website of the driver. More likely than not, a new driver will NOT improve game performance.

#3 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

Okay thanks !

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#4 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Nevermind I used Dell Update Utility (which scans automatically for Drivers updates in the laptop) & I didn't need to update the VGA driver afterall. Just the BIOS, Network driver, & Chipsets driver. Thankfully everything went smoothly & without a hitch.

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 30 July 2017 - 09:40 PM.

alien.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users