Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program want to make changes to computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

I installed a Bitser last year trying to follow mesmerizing directions to get Linux. I tried to uninstall it today through Control Panel in Windows 10, and it asks me if I want to allow Bitser to make changes to this computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

What happens if you select No?

You could use a program like Move on Boot to uninstall this program.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

It is not unusual, at all, for UAC (User Account Control) to pop up with that question/warning both when a program is being installed and when it's being uninstalled depending on the technique the uninstaller uses.

If you're initiating the uninstall for a program you know you installed on your system then answer "Yes".

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Adding to what others have said...yes, go ahead and choose YES.

Bitser is a freeware program...... but, depending on from where you downloaded it....it likely was bundled with adware.

You should run some scans for adware.

Suggest using AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes and Junkware Removal Tool if you haven't used those since installing Bitser.

Malwarebytes   AdwCleaner   Junkware Removal Tool

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users