Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth tether issue.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peepee77

peepee77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Attached File  troubleshoot.pdf   83.29KB   0 downloads

Hi.
When using my laptop, I use my Samsung Galaxy s5's 3g to connect to the internet via bluetooth tether. I do it all the time. I've done it for ages. Suddenly, when I try to connect, I get "An unexpected error occurred. Please contact your system administrator."  So I click to troubleshoot the device and it tells me that the driver for bluetooth peripheral device is not installed. I click to apply fix but I just end up with no driver found and a whole bunch of crap. I've attached the troubleshooting details.  I'd be grateful if someone could walk me through what I need to do to fix it.
I tried system restore but it didn't help.
My os is Windows 7 Home Premium sp1.
Laptop is HP ProBook 450 G2 64-bit.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900I) with android 6.0.1

Edited by peepee77, 29 July 2017 - 09:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

"driver ... not installed" and "no driver found"

This sounds like your bluetooth driver has fallen off the board. The first thing to do is to check 'Device manager' - Control panel, Device manager - and see if there are any yellow or red marks against your bluetooth device. If there are, then go to the HP website, find 'Support' for your model and download the bluetooth drivers, save them to some convenient location where you can  find them again. Then go back to Device manager and double click on your bluetooth device, this will bring up its 'Properties' box. Click its 'Driver' tab and uninstall any drivers if there are any shown - given one of your messages there may not be.

If there are drivers there which you uninstall do a re-boot then go back to the same properties tab and click 'Update drivers', browse to where you saved them and install the new drivers. Then check and see if your bluetooth is now working.

Note -  I don't know if the HP drivers come as one single .EXE file or whether it is a zipped file, if it is a zipped file you will need to unpack it before you can install the drivers. Any unzipper will do the job, if you don't have one 7-Zip is a free download.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users