Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Logon and log Off Sounds

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:36 AM

I dont know why when I start my pc or turn off the theme audio is very low. Even compared to the rest of the audio I use. I cant barely hear it at all. Of course I have the audio turned all the way up. But forwhatever reason it goes very low.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Your post made me go and check, but your Window's sounds should come through at normal volume levels but what is normal depends on the audio level they are written at. I must admit I don't nomally hear system sounds because I play my audio through a mini-hifi system which is normally only switched on if I want to listen to audio, either music or video. If you have an application like Audacity you could record them and see what sound level they are recorded at.

At the end of the day is this a big problem ?  After all, you do know if you have switched your computer on or off.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Threesom666

Threesom666
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

lol. I too have my pc connected to a stereo and normally I wouldnt notice. But the other day I had it unhooked and I thought I had the audio turned down. Turned it up and it didnt help. Everything else sounds normal. It sounds great connected to my stereo but you can tell its a bit lower. But clearly. Without the stereo you can barely hear it at all. I also went to the sounds preview for the theme to make sure it was working right and it sounds normal when I preview it. If I play the clip on my player it works normal. I understand that its not a big problem but I have my pc custom and my sounds are custom sounds and I hate it when things dont work like they should. Im not sure if it was like this before but Im sure it wasnt. I'd to figure out the cause of it and fix it.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

If you click the speaker icon on the right-hand side of the taskbar and click Mixer, is System Sounds all the way up? Are other system sounds also soft? Try reinstalling your audio drivers and see whether if the situation improves.

best regards,

bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 30 July 2017 - 09:02 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Threesom666

Threesom666
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:45 AM

I actually find the system sounds mostly annoying so I have them low. But they do sound good. Its only the logon/off that goes almost deaf. even if its up. Its a strange behavior

I hate messing with drivers. Theyre so bad they can mess my pc. Its not that important that is worth risking my pc.

I can always upload the sounds. I think I read around the net that it could be win7 which is totally stupid. A permanent bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users