Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestions for Overheating & Purchase recommendations

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 wathew12

wathew12

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Hi, I honestly know very little about computers and I have tried to wrap my head around all of these needs for PC's but I can't seem to keep up. I recently purchased a PC about 6 months ago and tried to get decent parts and what not and now, for some reason my PC keeps overheating while gaming to the point where the CPU is burning hot and the graphics card keeps crashing my games. I am not over clocking or anything for that sort and I have already tried using CyberPower support and it was no help so I think I might be forced to get a liquid cooling set. My PC used to run games such as Overwatch. Dota 2, Far Cry and Civ 5 & 6 without any problems on high end settings. Now, the same games I once played stress out the PC to the point where I can only go 2 or 3 hours until my PC needs to cool down :smash: . I am happy to provide any info on the specs, case, and temp settings if needed! If you guys believe the liquid cooling option is the best way to go (I'd like to spend anywhere between 150-300) can someone please provide some names of good/compatible sets? Thank you for your time  :bananas: .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

The best is if you end the gaming and will start learn something about computers.

#3 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

It would help to know the specs of the computer. Have you checked to make sure that fan is spinning? Is there dust on the fan or vents? Can you hear the fan spinning faster in heavy play?

"I recently purchased a PC about 6 months ago and tried to get decent parts" Did you build this yourself or have it built for you?

It would help to know the specs of the computer. Have you checked to make sure that fan is spinning? Is there dust on the fan or vents? Can you hear the fan spinning faster in heavy play?

"I recently purchased a PC about 6 months ago and tried to get decent parts" Did you build this yourself or have it built for you?

#4 wathew12

wathew12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

The best is if you end the gaming and will start learn something about computers.

That's wonderful and all, but I am here for exactly that. If you don't have anything helpful to comment please don't comment at all

#5 wathew12

wathew12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

GPU: AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
CPU: Processor AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 16GB DDR3
All of the fans are spinning except the back fan responsible for throwing air out, but that one I simply spin a little bit and then it does it's job. There isn't any dust in the vents and yes I can hear the fans spinning during heavy play. I had the PC built for me by CyberPower, but I chose most of the parts.

Edited by wathew12, 28 July 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#6 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

At your convenience please download and run Speccy. https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download . This will let us see temperatures, hardware health etc and help find your problem. After you run it please upload the link here.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Edited by HyperHenry, 29 July 2017 - 12:27 AM.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,973 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

To add to the last post, and in case you want step-by-step instructions regarding Speccy you can view or print before you run it:

Publish a Speccy system snapshot and provide the web address for it in your message.  Here are downloadable step-by-step instructions for doing this:

- Using Speccy,  PDF Format 
                     - Using Speccy,  MS-Word Format

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#8 wathew12

wathew12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

At your convenience please download and run Speccy. https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download . This will let us see temperatures, hardware health etc and help find your problem. After you run it please upload the link here.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Link:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/iHuSYct3maKPQMLjcyzK74f

#9 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

I didn't see the high temperatures I was expecting to see. Did you run it after gaming or after it has been idle? If idle I'd play games for a bit then run it again. II didn't see any suspicious on the report that would help me.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,973 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

Using something like HWMonitor-Pro (which is still free) and turning on the logging feature before gaming would help to determine how the temperature is varying and by how much.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#11 wathew12

wathew12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:00 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BKcLxT3wY5tSkGLcDZTJ2XN

This was after playing two matches of overwatch with the case open....I took the snapshot right after my video card blocked my game from using it. 

#12 wathew12

wathew12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

Using something like HWMonitor-Pro (which is still free) and turning on the logging feature before gaming would help to determine how the temperature is varying and by how much.

I already have that one :) and will do! Ill keep you posted on the results

#13 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,973 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

This was after playing two matches of overwatch with the case open....I took the snapshot right after my video card blocked my game from using it. 

Which is really, really weird given that your temperatures are shown as being in the 50s.  That's well within normal limits.

#14 wathew12

wathew12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

Which is really, really weird given that your temperatures are shown as being in the 50s.  That's well within normal limits.

This is the Norm for me as of two months ago...either the whole system crashes (rare), the game I am playing freezes and crashes (very often) or the game crashes because it's been blocked (common and now increasingly occurring). I have no idea what it could be if it isn't a heating issue. I never had this issue in the winter and in the Summer it was so bad that I couldn't even play a single game because it kept crashing unless I opened the case. Now, I have an AC in my room and it seems to be helping the PC run better and crash much less, but this is still an issue. I'm not sure what it could be and I'm at my wit's end lol.

#15 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

I think the next step would be to update your Nvidea drivers. You can get them here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users