Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Windows 10 PC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JustinDS89

JustinDS89

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

I have been getting a BSOD on my Windows 10 PC for awhile now. I am just now looking into this as it is starting to cause me quite a bit of problems. 

The computer will BSOD when it is just sitting there and not in use.

I noticed using WinDbg that it shows a bugcheck code of 139 and that it is probably caused by USBXHCI.sys.

I couldn't find any information regarding this and was hoping maybe someone could help me figure out what exactly is causing this.

Thanks,

Justin

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Dear Justin,

It appears to be that the main culprit is emAudio64.sys, a eMPIA Technology USB 28xx Video Capture Device driver (branded under many different manufacturers). Please reinstall any Video Capture Device drivers you may have, and if need be, physically remove the device from the system. If problems persist please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 JustinDS89

JustinDS89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hello and thank you very much for the post back. I was just about to post back that I noticed it only seems to happen when capturing video input through a video capture device.

I will try to reinstall drivers for it and see if that helps. Thanks again for the help with the dump file as I wasn't entirely sure how to read it properly.

Justin

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

You're welcome, Justin! Please do let me know how everything goes. :)

Regards,

bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 JustinDS89

JustinDS89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Hello again. Thought I would post back with an update.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them with the latest drivers from their website site for the video capture device.

This problem unfortunately still happens when trying to capture a video. I'm not sure there is much that can be done at this point without getting a different video capture device.

Thanks for the help though.

Justin

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hi, Justin,

Sorry to hear that. :( May I know the make and model of the device? I'll try to a bit of research with that info.

Also, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic (no need to create a new topic as step three says).

Regards,
bwv848

#7 JustinDS89

JustinDS89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Sorry for the delay.

I believe the make and model is "Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 100".

I will try to get you the rest of the information this evening.

Again, thanks for the help.

Justin

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

Thanks. This device seems to be quite notorious for BSODs. Can you try different USB ports on your computer (the further away from the one you're using the better, e.g. if you're using the ones in the front try the ones in the back and vice versa).

regards,
bwv848

P.S. If you have time, could you try disconnecting from the internet and see whether if the computer still crashes?

#9 JustinDS89

JustinDS89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Sorry for the delay. Been pretty busy and haven't had a chance to mess around with it much this week. 

That doesn't surprise me though as I noticed that it has somewhat mixed reviews and I have had similar findings when searching for similar issues related to the device.

I did try the USB ports in the back of my computer, but unfortunately it just kept dropping a lot of frames in the capture. Not really sure why.

Justin

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

Hi, Justin,

Let's have a look at a full dump:

:step1: Upload MEMORY.DMP

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• In the Run box, type in %WinDir% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• Find the file MEMORY.DMP and copy/paste it on to your Desktop.
• Zip up MEMORY.DMP (use .ZIP please!!!) and upload it to a trustworthy file-sharing service.

Thank you.

Best regards,

bwv848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users