Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete unwanted downloaded iOS Software Update on iOS 7.0.4 iPod touch

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SomeRandomGuy7474728

SomeRandomGuy7474728

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

I like older iOS releases (please don't ask why!)
I bought an iPod touch that I saw had iOS 7 on it on eBay, and sure enough, it had 7.0.4. I was happy, except that I noticed that iOS 8.4.1 had already downloaded and was ready to install. I do not want to update this device to that, even though 8.4.1 is not the latest either. I want 7.0.4, and I want that red notification circle off of my Settings icon, and off of the General icon in Settings, and the Software Update icon. I have also noticed that the update bugs me to install sometimes, and I have just had enough! When I go into Settings/General/Usage though, I find nothing mentioning iOS 8.4.1 in there, even after digging the whole section. I do not want to restore from a backup. Please tell me if there is any way to just delete the update and, if possible, prevent more from downloading? Also, please do not tell me to jailbreak it, as that is not anything I want. I do have iTunes on my PC, but I do not want to do a backup. Please help, ASAP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users