Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viewing/replying to E-mail on multiple devices

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

Desktop computer: Dell XPS 8700, Windows 10 Professional 64 bit version 1703, MS Outlook 2016

Laptop computer: Dell Inspiron 5537, Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1703, MS Outlook 2016

Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S5, T-Mobile software, mostly mainstream apps, nothing exotic

"Mail central" for me is the desktop computer, I want to have all incoming and outgoing mail messages filed there (except the ones I delete, of course).  Some long time ago I set up the cell phone to receive and display messages that arrived in my Outlook "In" box, and to send to the desktop computer,automatically, bcc of any replies I might send from the smartphone.  The message display on the smartphone includes the 25 most recent messages, I can load more if necessary.  Messages do not "persist" on the smartphone beyond their time in the sun.

Question arising, how can i set up the laptop so it works the same way?  When I am off-site and perhaps sitting in the office of some other water agency I want to be able to receive and perhaps reply to messages using the laptop, but I want to be sure all incoming messages are filed in the desktop mail system, along with blind copies of anything I send out from the laptop.

Unfortunately I no longer remember how I set up the smartphone to do that - it was a couple of years ago and at age 85+ I find my memory not quite so razor-sharp as it used to be.  I just remember that setting up the smartphone was pretty simple.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Check your account setup. All should use IMAP access, not POP.

If any are currently using POP then delete & re-create the account using IMAP instead.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users