Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 BSOD Issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lamoebal

lamoebal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a new PC for my wife and am running into non-stop BSOD issues. When I set the PC up initially, it appeared to have no issues whatsoever.

The only additional software installed is Chrome, Steam, and ARK - Survival Evolved (including BattleEye). I know that in the crash logs, there is an entry for BattleEye, but after reinstalling Windows (while keeping the second hard drive untouched that had ARK installed, I might add), the PC was still plagued with BSOD issues. The only additional "hardware" that has been installed since receiving the PC is a USB wireless adapter. Below is the WhoCrashed log. I'd be happy to provide any additional information that you may need to get to the bottom of this issue. Like I said, I know that WhoCrashed points out BattleEye as being a main contributor, but even immediately after reinstalling Windows, we were having lots of BSODs. (7/19). We haven't really used the computer at all since the reinstall of Windows (until today - 7/27), since I tried to reset everything on 7/19.

I should also note some additional random issues that the PC was having alongside all the crashes. For whatever reason, Chrome appeared to be unable to open really any website (this has since been fixed). I would get the Oops! The page can't be displayed or whatever with any site, although the internet was working just fine. If I spammed refresh enough, the site would eventually load. Internet explorer opened things no problem. Downloads appeared to not be working 95% of the time. It first happened with the nvidia drivers when I downloaded new ones. They downloaded just fine, but when trying to run them, I got an error I believe about the compression. I then had the same thing happen with some other downloads as well. This happened before and after a Windows reinstall. After the reinstall, I figured it could be as a result of the wireless drivers, so I downloaded and installed new ones. I haven't seen the error recently, so I think that may have fixed the issue, but the BSOD remains.

Any help is appreciated:

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 7/27/2017 6:53:02 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072717-10718-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BFD0) Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0xE2, 0xFFFFAC87EEB88940, 0x1D7F33CE040, 0x0) Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. An IRP with Irp->RequestorMode set to KernelMode was found to have a user-mode address as one of its members. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/27/2017 6:53:02 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: bedaisy.sys (BEDaisy+0x33D43) Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0xE2, 0xFFFFAC87EEB88940, 0x1D7F33CE040, 0x0) Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. An IRP with Irp->RequestorMode set to KernelMode was found to have a user-mode address as one of its members. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bedaisy.sys . Google query: bedaisy.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Wed 7/19/2017 7:06:20 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071917-8562-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0x3AE61) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800B418AE61, 0xFFFFD0003B50B800, 0x0) Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT File System Driver Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/19/2017 6:30:16 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071917-4484-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BFD0) Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x5122A, 0xFFFFE78011D66378, 0xFFFFE78011D65BB0, 0xFFFFF8034A4A96AA) Error: CACHE_MANAGER file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/19/2017 6:29:01 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071917-5671-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BFD0) Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x5122A, 0xFFFF8A013EB7F398, 0xFFFF8A013EB7EBD0, 0xFFFFF803FB6B29C4) Error: CACHE_MANAGER file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

bedaisy.sys

Edited by lamoebal, 28 July 2017 - 09:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. Please DO NOT create a new topic — there is no need to do so.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Caution! Please read for more information.
Please only use the ZIP compression format — do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

Useful information!
Even if you're not experiencing BSODs, please follow the instructions still as the uploaded reports are still useful.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 lamoebal

lamoebal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Here's the requested info - sorry for not providing it in the first post:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/a6S7A2i3WtUzxf5jNxyYTOX

Above are the specs of the PC (although it usually has 2 sticks of RAM. I'm currently trying to troubleshoot so am booted up with just 1).

I also attached the Sysnative zip.

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hi, lamoebal

Did you turn on Driver Verifier by accident? I noticed it was enabled in several of your dumps. Please disable it for now—does the system still BSOD? Also, if possible, please don't use the wireless USB dongle, they can be quite erratic and are actually a frequent cause of BSODs (due to compatibility issues).

If the laptop continues to misbehave, I would just return it. It's a new system and shouldn't be causing so many issues (networking and BSODs). This will save you both time and money. You've already reinstalled Windows, which further reduces the chance of software issues (even though they're still not impossible), so the most likely cause is faulty hardware.

Best regards,
bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 lamoebal

lamoebal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the reply - I turned on Driver Verifier since I was having some BSOD's and I was trying to get to the root of the issue.

I'm actually in the process of running memtest righ tnow and it looks like there's 1019 errors in test 7, so perhaps the RAM is the root of the issue.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

No need to run MemTest86 any further. Once you notice errors you may stop. Since this NEW laptop has defective RAM, I suggest you return/exchange it.

#7 lamoebal

lamoebal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Thanks! Contacted the manufacturer and am getting some replacement RAM. If I have issues after replacing the RAM I'll be back and open a new thread :) Thanks for being so helpful.

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

No problem. BTW, I was referring to returning/exchanging the entire laptop. :) I'm not sure whether if they'll play a nasty trick and say that since you opened up your laptop to swap RAM sticks (even though they asked you to and provided the new RAM sticks), the laptop can no longer be covered under warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users