Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting larger print for start and context menus....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rubinontheroad

rubinontheroad

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

Hi, this is a small problem that I hope someone can help me with that I have not been able to solve. From this question, you'll recolonize that my PC knowledge, leaves a lot to be desired. I have an up to date PC, less than 2 years old, that was set up and working perfectly,for me. Today (7/28) I received and installed Win 10 "creators" update 1703 version 15063.483. Everything went fine but for a small problem, small, except to me. The start menu (Classic Start) and the right click context menu font is to small for me. I'm mid 70s and need the font to be enlarged there. I have tried searching Win 10 and Classic Start settings, to no avail. It seems you can do most anything, except make the font larger, in those two areas. I would appreciate any suggestions, help to allow me to adjust those fonts (print) larger, in those areas. I can and have enlarged the font size other places that I needed. Thank you before hand for your help....S Rubin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KristianLJ

KristianLJ

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

I know of one way but it will increase text size across all of windows 10. If you would like to give that a go, let me know and I give some instructions

#3 rubinontheroad

rubinontheroad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

KristianLJ   Many thanks, I have done that, now everything is large but what i want....the start  and the right click menus.....thanks for trying.

#4 KristianLJ

KristianLJ

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

I remember the feature well in windows 7 called "window color and appearance" you could change all different things to make windows your own. But I can't seem to find it anywhere within the latest Windows 10

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

See this thread, entitled displayin which I discuss Winaero Tweaker and another regular offers his Font Size Changer.  Right now, dost-tech.com, the home of Font Size Changer, appears to be down for maintenance.  The Font Size Changer is significantly easier to use because it's limited to exactly what its name states.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

Brian, is this the System Font Changer you were referring to?

https://www.wintools.info/index.php/system-font-size-changer

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,894 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

John,

If it isn't, then it's very, very similar.  I just know that FreeBooter is the one who brought it up first (for me, anyway).

What I'd like to see added, which is part of Winaero Tweaker, is the ability to change the fonts, too.  I have changed my icon font to something serifed (Georgia, I think) and slightly larger than the default.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users