Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

you have been signed in with a temporary profile Professional

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:37 AM

Hi the last few times i have do a install of win 10 pro  ... as soon as the fresh install boots ...It said" you have been signed in with a temporary profile2   I am by passing the sign in with MS account as the people i am doing it for do not have one....Do you need a mircosoft account for win 10 pro     ? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

My Win10 Pro 32-bit machine started out life as a Windows 7 Ultimate machine with 3 accounts.   When I upgraded those 3 now-local accounts were carried along and are all that are on it, so it wouldn't appear that a Microsoft Account is required.

This message occurs frequently (for some value of frequently), see:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+10+you+have+been+signed+on+with+a+temporary+profile&t=hq&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

I had to fix this a while back for a client but used one of the methods discussed in those search results to do so.  I should note, though, that this message was coming up on an already established Microsoft Account-linked Windows 10 user account in that case, not a local Windows 10 User Account.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

There's a tutorial on this over on the Tenforum:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48012-fix-youve-been-signed-temporary-profile-windows-10-a.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users