Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones Not in Playback Devices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KaliGalena

KaliGalena

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

When I plug my headphones in the sound comes through my speakers and my headphones. I went to playback devices and my headphones are not even in it. Also awhile ago my sound stopped working and i had to uninstall and reinstall the audio driver, just about a week ago my sound got significantly softer but still comes through the head phones just fine but also comes through the speakers at the same time a lot quieter. I have an HP Notebook PC with windows 10.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

You can try these steps below:

a) Right click on the “Volume icon” on the bottom right corner.

B) Select “Recording devices”.

c) Under the “Recording” tab right click on the white empty space and check the box that says, “Show disabled devices” and “Show disconnected devices”.

d) Right click on “Stereo Mix” and “Enable” this device.

e) Highlight “Stereo Mix”, click on “Properties” and go to the “Listen” tab.

f) Check the box "Listen to this device", also change the drop-down box below "Playback through this device" to be your second audio device.

g) To verify that you've done this correctly, go back to the sound dialog tab “Playback”, you should now see both of your audio devices showing the little green graphs moving.

#3 KaliGalena

KaliGalena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Thank you! The sound is better but still softer then it used to be. However my headphones are still not in my play back devices. Please help!

#4 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:07 AM

You can refer to some solutions for Headphones problems https://windows10freeapps.com/fix-no-speakers-or-headphones-are-plugged-in-problem-windows-10/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users