Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from Italy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Giannutri

Giannutri

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'm a 65 year old guy who translates screenplays, treatments and synopses all day, night and afternoon to keep the wolves from the door.

But there's a problem: I hate being chained to a computer... so I'm on the look out for good software / hardware synergies for editing (No external keyboards allowed).

I would like to show some ideas (concepts) I have cooked up for the purpose of making txt editing on handheld devices SNAPPIER than sit-on-yer-butt computers. 

I was so disgruntled by what I found out there for today's otherwise fantastic phablets and tablets that I've decided to fix the situation on my own.

No mean trick for someone with no programming skills. 

But the problem isn't the programming... it's the "philosophy".... I say editing on the handhelds is all wrong because it doesn't take the new form factor into account... but works with the same old Microsoft mentality that's fine and wonderful on regular computers.

I say that editing on the handhelds is so clunky, that its badness generated a whole new gadget industry - external keyboards... 

Hey, whatever floats your boat... but you're not only attaching your mobile gizmo to another device, but to a chair and a table!

Okay... I'm slightly driven and nuts...

I have a new way of editing... I know it is not only better than what's out there, but transcends it. 

I would love nothing better than a critique on it... 

Thanks for having me... 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Hi :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...

For Linux users.

Best regards,
The BC Staff

#3 Giannutri

Giannutri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

Thank you... This really looks like a great forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users