Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Signal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 supersteve98

supersteve98

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

So my custom desktop which I've had for several years has finally produced a problem which I'm completely stumped on. When I turn on my PC everything runs fine, the GPU, CPU, flashy lights, everything, EXCEPT for the monitor, which just displays "NO SIGNAL" when I turn it on.

I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of: switching and fidgeting with the RAM; replacing, cleaning, even switching the graphics card; changing cables connecting from the GPU to the monitor (tried 2 HDMI and 1 DVI); and even replacing my brothers monitor with my own (it worked fine with his rig).

My Specs are:

- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970

- CPU: AMD FX-6350 6-core

- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A

- Monitor: AOC 62460VQ6 24"

Edited by supersteve98, 27 July 2017 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Does your brother's monitor work on your machine?

#3 supersteve98

supersteve98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

I tried that and no, still says NO SIGNAL.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Your monitor is obviously working so the next item to look at is your connection cable and then your video card.

Try a different cable first since this is both easier and cheaper than a card - borrow your brother's cable if necessary !

If it still doesn't work with a known good cable, then the next suspect is your video card. A quick look at your  mobo's specs shows that it doesn't have on-board video so you are going to have to take out your present one and fit a different one. Since this is only for test purposes it doesn't matter too much how good it is so long as it is known to work. Your brother again ?

These two substitutions will determine where the fault lies. If it still doesn't work - with a known good cable and a known good video card - then you are looking at a mobo fault.

Chris Cosgrove

Late addition :-  'a mobo fault' - Just possibly a PSU problem since I see your video card draws up to 145W at maximum output.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 28 July 2017 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users