Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound from web browser but playing video file works fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Loonmario

Loonmario

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

I'm having an odd problem.  When I try to open any web browser to watch Spectrum TV or HBOgo there is no sound.  If I then open a video file such as mkv the sound works.  Then when I go back to the web browser the audio magically works.  It's as if the playing of the video file kicks in the sound.

The same behavior occurs when using integrated sound and an Asus Xonar sound card.  (I thought buying the sound card would fix the problem but it didn't)  I've tried reinstalling audio, video, and chipset drivers also.  The Volume Mixer also shows that sound is playing in Internet Explorer when there is no sound, strange.

I have an HDMI running from my computer to a BenQ projector and the audio jack on the projector is hooked up to a Vizio sound bar.  If I let the sound bar turn off by itself from inactivity then turn it back on the sound works but this only works rarely. 

Any thoughts?

Intel Core i3-6100 3M 3.7 GHz

ASUS H110M-E/M.2 LGA 1151

Crucial 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133

Asus Xonar sound card

Geforce GTX 550 Ti 

Win 10 Pro

Edited by Loonmario, 27 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

I don't think Spectrum or HBO are available in the UK - I may be wrong - but my experience of TV and radio players is that they all have internal volume controls. Check that these are turned up to their maxmum and then use your normal speaker volume to control the final sound level.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users