Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacker popup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dialout

dialout

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Samsung galaxy note s4...last few days nonstop popup while on chrome browser. I either won an amazon giftcard, or am infected with a virus which redirecs me to the play store to download the "fix" .

How the #eLL can I remove this. I can't find the offending file anywhere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

I hate the method but do the following.

Install any cleaner and clean the files. Also run a antivirus scan, Kaspersky perhaps.

But uninstall both after cleaning and/or scanning. They harm your battery on the long run.

Try to install an adblocker. If your phone is rooted Adaway is the best option around (atleast for me) or if the phone is not rooted Adblock Plus/Adguard (They worked good for me when I was on non rooted mods).

Hope you get out of the mess soon. 

Edited by Hareen, 27 July 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

Do what Hareen has advised you. Also, do the same with Malwarebytes. For cleaner use CCleaner. If the problem persists after you've done all of those things, you might need to reset your smartphone. Good luck! :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 27 July 2017 - 10:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users