Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio stuttering problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 C_Dos_Run

C_Dos_Run

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

hello,

I have a 2007 Toshiba Satellite L305D now running Windows 10.

the specs are an AMD Turion X2 Tl-60 cpu with Radeon X1250 Graphics, 4GB RAM.

the problem, among others, is my sound is constantly stuttering when playing internet videos and playing sound during CPU intensive tasks. Every time I go to youtube the computer cannot play a video without stuttering and lagging.

the sound keeps BZZZZZZ stuttering and web browsing is slow and jumpy. it takes a minute or more for a complex

web page to show up at times because of it loading all the crap like comments and ads and this whole process of loading a webpage seems to drag down the computer to the point of locking up the browser and lagging video playback.

the audio lag is noticeable on media files as well. if I have mp3 playing and have several programs running, if the system runs low on memory even the mp3 will start to jitter and pop/ click. Mp4 movies do this as well. videos that are any larger than 720p are almost unplayable for the video lag and the audio. 

I'm using Windows 10 currently but this PC shipped with Vista. I have not used Windows Vista in a while but before I've had linux and Windows 7. these problems were less noticable in 7 but still there. Over all the system is quick for its age. just running programs and moving about the OS is smooth, it does not appear ​to be under stress or lack of processor/ memory.

It's only when running multimedia tasks that require high cpu like steaming a HD video or a game that vid/sound starts to break up. however the noisy, laggy audio seems to be getting worse and I'm wondering if its a hardware problem?

I will mention that my video drivers seem to be an issue. 

when I installed windows 10 I had to run the ATI Catalyst control drivers in Vista mode to make them work.

even now when boot up, I Get message saying it cannot find the file MOM. something or other..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C_Dos_Run

C_Dos_Run
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

anybody?

#3 C_Dos_Run

C_Dos_Run
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

why is it 92 people have viewed this question and not a single one has aswered?

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

4GB ram is probably your first problem.   windows 10 really needs at least 8GB to run good.

also I would run some malware software like malwarebytes, JRT, & adwcleaner.   just to make

sure your resources are not being ate up by malware processes running in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users