Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winpatrol asks permission windows command processor on windows 10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 careful

careful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

I think I may have clicked on it thinking I would get more info but never completed setup, I guess that is the one I removed from startup too, I don't use it.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 38,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

OK, because it is possible there are entries related to that program that might be the culprit. Since you aren't using it let's remove it.

Please do this.

===================================================

Uninstalling Programs Using Revo Uninstaller Free

--------------------

I recommend uninstalling the below listed program(s) from your computer.

Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows. Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Please note there is a chance when you look for this program to uninstall through Revo it might not be listed because of a previous uninstall. If that is the case simply stop and let me know.
  • Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon
  • From the list of programs double click on the listed program(s), or anything similar, to remove it (if it exists)
Microsoft OneDrive
  • If presented with the program uninstall option click Uninstall
  • If asked to reboot select Reboot later
  • Under Scanning Modes select Advanced then select Scan
  • On the Found leftover Registry items window check the items in bold only then click Delete. You may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark.
  • When prompted click on Next then Yes
  • On the Found leftover files and folders window click on Select all, click Finish, then click Yes

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. :thumbsup2:
  • Did OneDrive uninstall?
  • Any recent Command Process requests?

Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#18 careful

careful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:06 AM

for this last one--  On the Found leftover files and folders window click on Select all, click Finish, then click Yes

I didn't delete them since you didn't state to delete?

While uninstalling the microsoft ondrive I was getting the winpatrol popup  for the command process again but the last time it popped up I had a small window that said it would no long start with windows.

Edited by careful, 31 July 2017 - 04:09 AM.

#19 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Sorry I should have been more specific in my instructions. Yes, they could have been deleted.

That notification window is common when uninstalling a program and doesn't necessarily mean that was our issue. Have you received any popups since uninstalling OneDrive?
Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#20 careful

careful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

No popups as of yet, I am hoping that will fix it and I won't see them any more. Thanks

#21 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Your computer is clean so if there are any further pop ups it is safe to assume it is not malware related. I think we are good to wrap this up unless you have other concerns.
Gary

#22 careful

careful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

I think we are good, thank you very much, you were very helpful

#23 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

My pleasure.

Now that your computer is running well it is my great pleasure to proclaim to you the Good News!

All Clean!

--------------

Your machine appears to be clean and we will now remove the tools used and logs created during our steps. Please do this.

Delfix by Xplode

--------------------
  • Download Delfix and save it to your Desktop
  • Double click the icon
  • Place checkmarks in:

Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge system restore

• Click Run

You may delete any additional programs or logs on your computer which were not automatically removed by Delfix. Simply delete the log files or desktop icons. If we used Emsisoft Emergency Kit just delete the icon on your desktop and the C:\EEK folder.

Please take the time to read below on how to secure the machine and take the necessary steps to keep it clean :thumbsup:

Lawrence Abrams, the founder of BleepingComputer.com, has developed an excellent tutorial which will provide you with the information you need to know to keep your computer secure and clean. Please take the time to read:In addition, here are some more links you might find of interest:Thank you for placing your trust in BleepingComputer. It was a pleasure serving you. ohmy_done.gif
Gary

#24 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users