Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Professional 32-Bit SP3 Internet Upload Speed is 0.15mps SLOW!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 KeithLDick

KeithLDick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

Ok I will run that Dos co

Really? Now that is strange. What I would like for you to try when you do get home is to reset the connection. I like for you to open a command prompt in administrator mode. Then type netsh winsock reset, then restart your computer. This will completely reset your connection. If after this your connection drops in speed again then there is something physically wrong with your onboard NOk IC.

Ok I run run the DOS command in a few minutes.....

That didn't work and I tried Speedtest with the Chrome Browser and same results...  I was going to up the RAM so when I take it in I'll have them put a New Nic in it and test it for speed...

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by KeithLDick, 27 July 2017 - 01:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 588 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, hard charger there is definitely something going on with that NIC. Keep me informed please ok. :thumbup2:

Edited by arlattimor, 27 July 2017 - 02:53 PM.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

#18 KeithLDick

KeithLDick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Yeah, hard charger there is definitely something going on with that NIC. Keep me informed please ok. :thumbup2:

Ok here's an update...

I took the computer into the shop and had another 2 Gigs of RAM added for a total of 4 Gigs, tho XP only sees 3 Gigs...  That's no problem... The A.I. program I am running eats a lot of RAM.. haha

I had them put in a new NIC Card and he said it was working at his shop... I get the computer home and when running I get a Orange/Red light on the Cisco WiFi Modem/Router but green lights on the New NIC card, one solid Green the other blinking (I told them either a 3Com Card or Intel) but they installed some cheap card...

Soooo I re-installed the drivers for the new card, no luck so I installed the driver for the onboard card again and shut down and got that card working again...

Here's where it gets weird, It started working correctly and I was getting the 55mps down and 5+mps I am suppose to get... Then I thought maybe it was something else I was doing or maybe Windows was having a hard time loading the driver...

I am on a fixed income so at Night when I'm done with the computer I shut it down and then turn off the Surge Protectors to save electricity (every little bit helps, haha)... Soo I tried an idea I had, It was working so I shut down for about 15 minutes (the computer and everything was Off no electricity going to them).... Then I booted up and the Internet was NOT giving me my 5+mps upload... So I installed the original drivers again and Boom! it was working again... What I ended up doing was Move all peripherals to a separate Surge Protector and left the tower on a surge protector by itself... Now I turn the Tower off and leave the Surge Protector ON and turn Off the one with all the peripherals plugged into it and it has worked for 3 days straight.... Maybe the Modem/Router needs some kind of Connection with the PC at all times even when it's shut down I don't know... My Lighted Keyboard & 4-Port USB box stay on after the PC is shut down (I can turn them off) so maybe the PC stays connected to the Modem/Router...

I have no clue if that was the real problem or it was just Windows having problems loading the driver or what it was but it's working now and I am happy... LOL

Chalk this one up to being a Weird Problem... haha

Thanks again for your time....

Keith

This Thread can be closed, my Upload is till working as it should!!!!!!.. Yay!!!!!  LOL

Edited by KeithLDick, 04 August 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#19 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

goto https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

grab tcp optimizer and run it and click on the optimized settings and it will tweek your TCP/IP parameters

that will open your NIC card up and increase throughput in both directions.

if you want to see suggestions on changes that can be made then go to the main page and select TCP Analyzer and

it will look at your setting and tell you what changes can be made in the registry or use the TCP Optimizer to make the

changes for you.

I used to use this all the time back in the xp days, great little program!

#20 KeithLDick

KeithLDick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for the Response, as I said everything is working as it should be now....  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users