Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rubber Cup Repair for Spongy Left Touchpad Button on Dell E6410 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amodoko

amodoko

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

Hi guys, I have a few questions about repairing a spongy left touchpad button on a Dell E6410 laptop.  

First, where do you buy the rubber cups for left touchpads?  I tried looking online and most sites do not have replacement parts for touchpad buttons, they only have replacement parts for keys (like E, F, space bar, etc.) on the keyboard.  

Second, I noticed that the damaged rubber cup is glued on.  I'm assuming I just scrape it off as gently and as best as I can, correct?

Third, if I do find a replacement rubber cup for it, can I just use normal old superglue to glue the new rubber cup on?  

Thanks, I've never done this before and just want to do it right.  I appreciate any help.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

don't think you'll be able to buy just a rubber cup.

I've always just replaced entire keyboards and mouse touch pad. they don't cost a lot and you can buy those parts.

#3 amodoko

amodoko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the reply, you're right, I found that they are very reasonable to buy replacement touchpads.  But it seems like a lot of work to remove and replace an entire touchpad assembly to just fix a spongy clicker.  On the E6410 that involves removing the keyboard, etc.  I found a few videos of people replacing rubber cups with adhesive, are you sure that the rubber cups can't be bought?  

Edited by amodoko, 26 July 2017 - 11:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users