Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway dx4870 desktop is extremely ill

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Where do I go, as my computer worsens each day now? It's to you guys, my trusted go-to read for 10 years. Thanks wow much. That needing to be said, before it freezes again, let's see what I can type in.

Two months ago, starting to slow down, and out of the blue boot msg about cannot find a device to boot to. Then all apps began seriously "not responding," slow.  No viruses or other problems detected. 

Two weeks ago, POOF! Repair fellow said power supply problem, fixed it, tested it, said a-ok (of course it didn't act up for him). But back home, same old story. 

I have a windows backup image thing on my old antiquated WDigital hard storage device. I just got a Samsung 850 evo SSD with hope of cloning to it and making it my new hard drive.

Computer is now getting much worse by the day, freezing.

I've chosen macrium reflect (you helped me with this). So, do I do another backup with macrium right now (for their restoring prowess) or get myself right to their auto clone larger disk to smaller SSD?

(I'm fearful that if I get that far, my computer won't boot from the SSD.) Thanks for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 malwaredpc

malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

First, we should get to know if the hardware is working correctly. How did you determined the HDD is faulty?

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Greetings, onewhojesussaved, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum!

Thank you for your kind words about BleepingComputer. :)

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. Please DO NOT create a new topic — there is no need to do so.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Caution! Please read for more information.
Please only use the ZIP compression format — do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

Useful information!
Even if you're not experiencing BSODs, please follow the instructions still as the uploaded reports are still useful.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

thank you, sir!

Attached Files

#5 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

malwaredpc, you are thanked!! :thumbup2:

#6 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

system hung for 1/2 hour "not responding" badly. Now i will try speccy again. tx again.

#7 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

gateway dx4870ub20, desktop, microsoft windows 10 home, x64-based pc, Processor    Intel® Core™ i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s),

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. P11-B0, 4/29/2013, SMBIOS Version    2.7, uefi, secure boot state is on, Version    10.0.14393 Build 14393, winver said: version 1607, os build 14393.1480,

os was oem, Processor    Intel® Core™ i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

#8 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

speccy run keeps hanging, but as it hung i saw motherboard IPIMB-AR, socket (0), 28 degrees C

#9 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:20 AM

Power supply: logisys 480W max, ps480a12bk.

I put mem test86+ on a 4Gig flash drive that they said is ready for testing. But now i see that's for 32-bit.

I don't know what that 2nd test you wanted is. Also, please bear with me, as I don't have a good understanding of a lot of this technical stuff.

Edited by onewhojesussaved, 26 July 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#10 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:24 AM

Hard drive model: ST1000DM003-1CH162. I have the numbers on the label of the physical HD. Gonna have the wife get a pack of CD-R's at walmart for the hard drive test.

Fraid to run the memory boot test til i ask you about it.

Edited by onewhojesussaved, 26 July 2017 - 06:30 AM.

#11 malwaredpc

malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Hard drive model: ST1000DM003-1CH162. I have the numbers on the label of the physical HD. Gonna have the wife get a pack of CD-R's at walmart for the hard drive test.

Fraid to run the memory boot test til i ask you about it.

It won't hurt at all.

Please, look for ANY tool that will show the SMART data of the HDD and put it here. Speccy does it but it does a lot of other info and if it does not work try another tool.

#12 malwaredpc

malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

You can download it here https://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

#13 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

malwarepc, so i shut down and reboot? How many times? http://speccy.piriform.com/results/xSuVZgrOY3zzVzUEAsBLeOx

#14 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

hanging interminably, seems when speccy hangin. Killed speccy and now my first opp to write in 45 min. 

#15 onewhojesussaved

onewhojesussaved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

should i still do crystal? If so, what download(s) shd i pick?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users