Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pnoiboi03_

pnoiboi03_

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

when i bought the computer it came with these two discs from the company i bought it from "MDG canada"
so i thought installing that disc would help me get those sites back, but i was wrong. so i only was able to install the first disc, and the second disc came with service pack 2, but that wasnt the problem, i just went on microsoft.com and downloaded it, but now my usb 2.0 ports dont work, so i cant put music on my itunes or use my flashdrive, so i searched on google and looked for a soultion to fix it, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169
those instructions didnt work for me, it had an error again

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

Go ahead and look for usb 2.0 drivers, this site should be helpful http://www.usbman.com/USB%202%20News.htm

#3 pnoiboi03_

pnoiboi03_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:42 AM

I cant find any for windows xp service pack 2, they only work for service pack 1

#4 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

hmmm... interesting, I kind of wonder what would happen if you downloaded sp1... well before you do that, let me research it a bit.

#5 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:39 PM

hm this is depressing... apparently there's a chance that your motherboard won't support it... what kind of motherboard do you have?

#6 pnoiboi03_

pnoiboi03_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:55 PM

not sure, how can i find out

my usb worked properly before i messed it up by trying to restore my comp by installing the cd that came with my computer

#7 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

have you tried uninstalling your usb ports and then reinstalling them by NOT using the disc?

#8 pnoiboi03_

pnoiboi03_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

hmm, can you please tell me how, im afraid that if i uninstall them that i wont beable to use them

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:59 AM

They're easy to uninstall and will be reinstalled when you reboot your system.

Please give us the exact make and model of your system so that we can look up the specifications. If you can't find it, please use this free program to extract your system information ( http://www.gtopala.com/index.html ) and post it here so we can see it.

Also, in your first posts you stated "...installing that disc would help me get those sites back..." Which sites are you referring to?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users