I'm still figuring that this is a hardware problem.
Unfortunately, with a laptop it's not easy to replace many parts in order to troubleshoot the problem.
In this case, the next step would be to try a "clean" install of Windows to rule out possible problems with 3rd party drivers and/or Windows problems.
A clean install is:
- Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).
- The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
- Windows is fully updated after it's installed. That's ALL updates - none excepted.
- NO 3rd party software is installed.
- There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).
This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
Also, it will wipe out all the special software that HP added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create HP recovery media)
The point of doing this is to:
- rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
- rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
- so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem
OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem. If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it. Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.
Edited by usasma, 04 August 2017 - 07:03 AM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.