Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Daily BSOD Win 10

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tjlw

tjlw

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

Receiving Daily BSOD - does not automatically restart.  Stop code Unexpected store exception.  Have updated drivers and removed 3rd party antivirus but still receiving BSOD.  Please help.

System info:

HP 15-af131dx laptop - Win 10 Version 1703 OS Build 15063.483 x64

OS original was Win 10 came preinstalled on system

3 years old

Have not reinstalled OS

Laptop - CPU AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHz with 8 GB Ram

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip attached

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports

No memory dumps shown in the KernelDumpList.txt report

No BSOD's show in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report

If using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F.1F) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and the outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

WER section of the MSINFO32 report only shows entries from 13 July 2017 and later.

Most likely from aggressive cleaning with CCleaner, but I'm uncertain about this without confirmation from you.

Let's have a look at this report (generate it immediately after recovering from the next BSOD):

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility (you may not need to do this - this is up to you at this point): 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps.  If uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

After uploading the report, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

BSOD this morning - Admin report attached.  Starting on the other instructions. Thanks!

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Admin log file shows failure to create dump file.

I generally don't troubleshoot that - it usually gets fixed while we're tracking down the cause of the crashes.

More info on how dump files are generated:  http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WRkrn.sys

No sign of significant repeating events just prior to the unexpected shutdowns.
As such we start with thinking it can be a hardware problem.

Start by running the HP diagnostics on the system.
To do this, tap F2 repeatedly when you first start the system (or you can tap the Esc key, and then select diagnostics)

If all of them pass, then try these free diagnostics that I suggest:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please finish ALL of them and let us know the results - we can move on from there.

EDIT:  You may want to backup your stuff in case this is a hard drive problem - or in case the system has to be wiped and the OS reinstalled.

Edited by usasma, 27 July 2017 - 12:33 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

BIOS update installed - there was a new one from Jun 2017

Windows update done - though it is on automatic updated there was a security update for outlook 2010 so installed that.

CCleaner is used regularly - should I stop this?

SpeedFan installed and logging

Ran Driver Verification and got BSOD due to driver verification (normally says unexpected error or something to that effect - so this was diff) - actually got 2 BSOD and it went into HP repair.  Windows couldn't repair so it went back to a system restore point

It kept the BiOS update but I lost the speed fan, etc.  I can try this again?  or do something different?

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

Don't worry about CCleaner right now - it doesn't seem as if you're deleting reports that we'll be looking at.

Please run the Sysnative File Collection app again and upload it.
We'll look to see if there's any evidence of the Driver Verifier crashes in them.

I still suggest that you do this:

Start by running the HP diagnostics on the system.
To do this, tap F2 repeatedly when you first start the system (or you can tap the Esc key, and then select diagnostics)

If all of them pass, then try these free diagnostics that I suggest:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please finish ALL of them and let us know the results - we can move on from there.

#7 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

Here is the Sysnative File Collection output - will start the other part...

Attached Files

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Driver Verifier doesn't blame anything in particular, but there are several outdated drivers in the stack of the memory dump.

Don't forget to turn it off.  To do that, open up verifier.exe and select "Delete existing settings".  Click on "Finish" and reboot for the changes to take effect.

Please uninstall SuperAntiSpyware.  It's drivers date from 2011 and it's likely not compatible w/W10

Please update your AMD chipset drivers and AMD video drivers to the latest, W10 compatible version.

You'll find the AMD video drivers on the HP support site for your model.

Let's hold off on the AMD chipset drivers for now - as I don't want to introduce too many variables (by gettting generic AMD chipset drivers from AMD).

Beyond that, this still looks like a hardware/compatibility/low-level driver issue.

As such, I still suggest running ALL of the hardware diagnostics.

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Thu Jul 27 16:42:46.550 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\072717-30781-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 15063 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 15063.0.amd64fre.rs2_release.170317-1834
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:13.573
Probably caused by :memory_corruption
BugCheck C4, {2006, ffffcb0bb169f418, fffff802139c01d8, ffffb981765d80a8}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000002006, subclass of driver violation.
Arg2: ffffcb0bb169f418
Arg3: fffff802139c01d8
Arg4: ffffb981765d80a8
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc4_2006
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Thu Jul 27 16:42:46.550 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
SASKUTIL64.SYS              Tue Jul 12 17:00:01 2011 (4E1CB5D1)
SASDIFSV64.SYS              Thu Jul 21 19:03:00 2011 (4E28B024)
amdxata.sys                 Thu Apr 30 20:55:35 2015 (5542CF07)
amdsata.sys                 Thu May 14 08:14:52 2015 (555491BC)
atikmpag.sys                Thu Aug  6 21:13:22 2015 (55C40632)
CAD.sys                     Sun Dec  3 04:31:49 2017 (5A23C485)
SleepStudyHelper.sys        ***** Invalid 2011 Invalid 2011 Invalid

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SASKUTIL64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SASDIFSV64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdsata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
CAD.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
SleepStudyHelper.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Edited by usasma, 29 July 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#9 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Ran all the HDW tests - they all passed.

Turned off driver verifier.

Uninstalled Super Antispyware.

Updated the Video driver.

Starting on the other drivers now.

#10 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

The first 2 drivers were super anti spyware - since I have uninstalled that skipped that part.

amdxata.sys - said to use windows updates and that says I am up to date

amdsata.sys - took me to Radeon's site - downloaded their auto detect tool which said they were all up to date

atikmpag.sys- same as above

CAD.sys - cannot find anything on this - should I just delete?

SleepStudyHelper.sys - cannot find anything on this - should I just delete?

Still receiving BSOD's. :(

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

DO NOT DELETE DRIVERS!!!!

Deleting drivers can render the system unbootable.
The way to remove them is to uninstall the program that they came with.

The SleepStudyHelper.sys driver is a new driver that Windows uses.
I haven't taken the time to enter it into the Driver Reference Table, so it shows up in the dump script output.

AFAIK, there's no problem with CAD.sys and it's a new Windows driver, so it's likely to be compatible w/W10

BUT, I haven't seen it in memory dumps very often, so I have to wonder about it.
It's associated with USB-C, so I'd check your USB devices to see if they are having any problems (or if the problems go away when you remove them).

Please zip up and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump

If unable to zip it there, copy it to your Desktop and zip it up there.

Edited by usasma, 03 August 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#12 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

I have nothing in the USB ports except a mouse occasionally - so not sure if they are working OK or not.

Minidump from 7/27 - even though it has been crashing every day :(  That is all that was there.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:02 AM

I'm still figuring that this is a hardware problem.
Unfortunately, with a laptop it's not easy to replace many parts in order to troubleshoot the problem.

In this case, the next step would be to try a "clean" install of Windows to rule out possible problems with 3rd party drivers and/or Windows problems.

A clean install is:
- Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).

- The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
- Windows is fully updated after it's installed.  That's ALL updates - none excepted.
- NO 3rd party software is installed.
- There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
Also, it will wipe out all the special software that HP added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create HP recovery media)

The point of doing this is to:

- rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows

- rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)

- so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem.  If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it.  Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

Edited by usasma, 04 August 2017 - 07:03 AM.

#14 tjlw

tjlw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

First one question - I searched on one of the drivers above - there were many copies older versions beyond what the AMD updater did.  Should I just copy the newer versions over the older ones?

Also are there any instructions to follow to do what you have suggested above?

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Which drivers were they, and where were they located?

If you're wiping the system, it won't matter what you copy/move.

If you're not wiping and want to continue messing with the drivers, I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 10 forum.
I don't suggest copy/pasting drivers - as there may be differences that you're not aware of - and they could render the system unbootable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users