Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After an update, can't open all videos files

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 nbabe

nbabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

TO JohnC_21:

I cant find where is this :(which is my folder)

C:\Users\npbab\Desktop\Downloads\Movies\(followed by all movies in this file)

I went to your link given. found avi and mp4...these work now...

you must be into something: I right clicked on 1 movie file and saw Twinui. I changed it with open with (windows movies player) and then it worked!!!

or do I have to change all files manually but if so does it mean that all new ones will still be opened (and blocked) by twinui? is there a way to delete it?

Edited by nbabe, 29 July 2017 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

In my previous post. In the search bar type regedit. You need to browse to the extension of your video files whatever they maybe, avi, mp4, etc.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\<your extension name>

Do this for every account.

Also look in this registry key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes

In the Classes key you will fine your windows extensions. Look for each of your video file extensions and see if there is a Twinui key listed.

But, since you have already set your video files to open with your default player there is no need to edit the registry at this point.

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 July 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#18 nbabe

nbabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

I did my avi and mpeg via your regedit.

but never found an twinui extension there...is that weird? I had window player and my mpc and 2 others I dont know what they are but no twinui.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes  no twinui there also...but 2 weird names...

OK will do for all users. BUT will it mean that all new movies will be again with this twinui? because technically I did not delete or removed any twinui only via regedit did I manage to open with via one of my player...

#19 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

I don't believe any new movies will be associated with Twinui as you have already changed the default application to open your video files. 

In the FileExts\mp4 subkey the OpenwithProgids subkey does not list Twinui, correct? I don't think you need to worry about TwinUi returning.

#20 nbabe

nbabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

yes correct not there....but was never there...but ok great I guess it is solved.thanks a lot!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users