Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto, unique numbering system for documents attached to emails.....?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tempsc

tempsc

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm in the right 'forum room' here so admin, feel free to move if appropriate.

Here's what I'd like to achieve if possible.

I have folders on the server containing certain documents which I would like to be able to control the movement of so to speak. ie: Currently, any user can enter the servers folder and attach a document to an email and I have no way of tracking of the document. Sure, I could restrict access to the folder and force those attempting to attach the docs to request access via myself but that would quickly become burdensome. I'd far prefer that if documents are attached to emails, they are 'time/date/other stamped' with unique identifiers so that we can track them as 'controlled documents' and recipients details are added to a list for future auditing purposes.

Over the years, I think that I've seen or perhaps even received emails myself which has a unique number on them in the subject line (perhaps insurance claims or something like that?) so have a feeling that a solution is out there.....it's just what to call it whilst searching on google.

Perhaps someone can kindly assist me in pointing me in the right direction of a possible solution? 

Feel free to come back to me with queries if I haven't explained myself very well.

Tks.

Edited by hamluis, 06 August 2017 - 09:04 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users