My computer is a home-built ATX tower.
I moved to a new apartment; once I got to the new apartment, I plugged the tower in and all the peripherals. The lights on the USB mouse and keyboard were flashing on and off in a manner that I would describe as "pulsing." When I tried to press the power button on the tower, it would not turn on, nor would the PSU fan spin up.
Things I've already tried:
- Plugging the tower into different outlets.
- Removing all PSU connections and plugging them back in again. (24-pin to motherboard, CPU power, GFX card, and all hard drives/ssd.)
- Removing & replacing the CMOS battery and clearing the CMOS.
- Checking under the motherboard for a wayward screw or something else that might be shorting it. (There was nothing of interest.)
- Checking to ensure that the tower's power button was connected to the motherboard properly. (It was.)
At this point, I'm stumped. I guess the PSU could have gone bad but it's one strange coincidence that it would have happened at the same time I moved. I had noticed no PSU problems before this.
Edited by HardTimesHardware, 25 July 2017 - 08:25 AM.